Monday, February 27, 2006

RAMP: Repair and Modification Program

Today, I helped build a wheel chair ramp at a house on the south side of San Antonio. Richard from MacArthur Park, Adam from Northside, Deryk from Northwest, 3 sponsors from Mac, and me were training for our Ramp service projects this Saturday, March 4, and Saturday, March 25. I brought my work gloves, hammer, and drill, but I forgot a hat and sunscreen so my neck (and top of my head I'm sure) is quite red. We built the entire ramp in about 5 hours of work. We sawed, we measured, we hammered, and drilled and voila! A wheel chair ramp. It was great to be out of the office and doing something extremely tangible that you know will change someone's life...Although, I know that my right arm, wrist, and hand will be sore tonight and tomorrow because I swung a hammer more today than I normally do in an entire year! I pray that the ramp will bless the home owner's life.

Go Spurs Go: they play the Knicks tonight in San Antonio.

1 Comments:

At Tue Feb 28, 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Chad Gardner wrote...

It's this time of year when I realize my hair is a little thinner. After a glorious day of playing golf, you'd think you're arms, face, and neck would be red. Well mine usually are. But the burn that hurts the most is when I go to sleep that night and wince in pain because my poor head isn't hosting the same population of hair follicles as it once did. Ouch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home