Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Twas a good night for TV

Last night, I wish I had two Tivo sets and a picture in picture TV. For some reason, two news magazine shows caught my attention (which they never do) along with the Spurs OT loss to the Bucks. On CBS, 48 Hours correspondent Maureen Maher explored the Mystery of Christmas and on ABC, Barbara Walters was investigating, as much as you can, Heaven. At one point, I was flipping back and forth between the final moments of a heart breaking, last second (.7 seconds actually) tap-in by the Bucks, Maher's Bible Land journey with scholar Ben Witherington, and Walter's interview with an atheist who accepts that there is no life after death, even though she's not happy about that. (Some of the evidence and archeological data that Witherington mentioned last night can also be found in the interesting book The Case for Christmas by Lee Strobel). I thought it odd, but probably not coincidental, that both news shows were dealing with religious topics on the same night...figures. The Spurs play again tonight; we'll see who competes with them besides the Knicks.
I have now bought a few Christmas gifts, but there's plenty left to do. The traffic's getting heavier--hopefully I'll make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home