Monday, November 06, 2006

It's difficult to believe it's already November. There's only about 5 weeks left of my first semester at UT, and I'm looking forward to the long Christmas break. Here in Knoxville, the buzz is twofold: UT lost to LSU in the last minute of Saturday's game following a great performance by the back-up QB, and secondly: who can run the cruelist political ad, Corker or Ford? I'd rather not listen to the analysis of either topic, but unfortunately, the media didn't ask me.

Meredith had a great time being a pumpkin for Halloween; she got lots of candy, which we hope she has forgotten about by now. Kristen's parents, Floyd & Kay, are in town for the week. They drove all the way from Abilene, TX in one day, last Saturday. I was tired all day just thinking about their trip.

My students start presenting their persuasive speeches today; it should be exciting. In fact, I think someone today is going to convince me that daschund's are the best dog in the world...I don't think so.

6 Comments:

At Mon Nov 06, 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Chad Gardner wrote...

I'm looking forward to the Hogs putting another "L" in Tennessee's Loss column this weekend! Pig Sooiee!

 
At Tue Nov 07, 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Eli Perkins wrote...

That is definitely a possibility, but we'll see how the back up handles the pressure.

 
At Sun Nov 12, 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Naomi wrote...

I have enjoyed reading your blog lately - saw the link on Jenny Perkin's blog. Say "Hi" to Kristen. View my blog at:
http://encalade.blogspot.com/ Missed your sweet family this summer, since I didn't go to camp. Meredith is darling!
Naomi

 
At Wed Nov 15, 10:46:00 PM, Blogger James E. Miller wrote...

Elijah,

Indeed, Christmas break is nice. Last year was the first year I literally had nothing to do over the holiday season. Seriously, I just sat around and stared for almost four weeks.

You will enjoy it.

I hope the Millers and Perkins can hang out this weekend.

BTW - Australian Shepherds are the best dogs.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 08:33:00 AM, Blogger Chad Gardner wrote...

I had been meaning to come over here and talk trash about the Hogs spanking the Vols last week... But a week has passed, so I'll let it go this time. There's not much to say anyway since it was an ole'fashioned whoopin'.

 
At Tue Dec 05, 05:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Eli- I just happened to stumble on to your blog. Your daughter is adorable! Good luck with your PH.D.
Skipping Christmas by John Grisham is hilarious if you haven't read it yet.
Amy Grisham

 

Post a Comment

<< Home