Thursday, July 06, 2006

to knoxville

well, we've moved out of our house in tx and into our new house in knoxville. i'm happy to report that i had no incidents while driving my 26' penske truck while towing our volvo behind. i figured, hey, this big yellow truck just screams "look out", so i just drove and expected people to be dodging me the entire time. our new house will be great as soon as we finish our work. i'll try to post before and after photos. last week, we did no unpack, but rather ripped up carpet and padding and tack strips, and ripped out dry wall and 2x4's. i'm now back in san antonio to finish out the month of july. kristen and meredith are still in knoxville and her parents are driving up this weekend. they'll be helping with the house including laying a hard wood floor, which i loaded in a uhaul trailer today. i'm meeting floyd in the morning in temple to pass the trailer to him. kristen, meredith, floyd and kay will all come back to san antonio some time around the 14th or 15th when i return from camp next week. it's all been very crazy, but at least the big move is over. now we have time for several weeks of last goodbyes and memories. while i was in knoxville i got my u.t. id card...now i just have to figure out how to cash it in for football tickets come fall. my building is right across the street from the stadium. anyway.

6 Comments:

At Thu Jul 06, 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Chad Gardner wrote...

I'm an expert painter. Maybe Mary and I can come out there this Fall and help you guys remodel. Of course my fee would be a trip to a UT football game.

 
At Fri Jul 07, 08:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Eli,

Welcome to Knoxville.
Don't know if you remember me from the days in HU, but we were in Chi Sigs together. Erin and I have been here for working on six years as I trudge toward my Ph.D. and she is becoming a nurse practictioner. I hope moving in goes well. Maybe we can get some coffee when you get to campus. The Golden Roast near the library is the best place in town.

Shaun

 
At Fri Jul 07, 09:43:00 PM, Blogger SteveA wrote...

Welcome to Ktown, Eli. You are invited to visit us at our new church, the Parkway Church of Christ, where Shawn (above) and I go.

Steve A.

 
At Tue Jul 11, 12:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Eli,

Congratulations on your move to Tennessee. I'm sure you will enjoy the beauty of the region!!

I was hoping to catch up with you via e-mail. The doctoral students in Organizational Leadership at Pepperdine are starting an Association for Organizational Leadership Research and Development and I thought you might be interested in being on the advisory council.

Drop me a line and we can talk more...

Nathan Mellor
nathan.mellor@pepperdine.edu

 
At Thu Jul 13, 12:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Eli,

I was in the audience at Farragut on July 2 and want to tell you how excited I am about your arrival at Farragut. I grew up at Farragut and 4 years ago I was hired to be Farragut's first worship minister. Farragut was going through a tough time back then, but God allowed many doors to be opened and many lives to be changed. For me personally, it was an amazing challenge but an even bigger blessing. So many things have continued to blossom over the past four years and I know that God's work is not done there. I feel that God is preparing you to help lead Farragut to the next level. I am excited for you and will pray for you as you make this transition. Farragut is a special place and you are truly blessed to be working with some of the finest ministry staff around. I know God has great things in store for you and your family, and for the Family at Farragut. Be blessed, brother. Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best wishes,
Aaron Campbell

 
At Thu Aug 03, 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Chad Gardner wrote...

Hey Eli,

Haven't heard from you in a little while. Have you guys moved to K-town yet or are you still hanging around San Antonio? Holler if you're coming through LR anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home